Application of iron oxide pigments in building materials
The largest consumer segment of iron oxide pigments is the construction and coatings industry. Over 7000 tons iron oxide have been used in colored mortar last year. In addition to flooring materials, Western European concrete roof tiles, concrete prefabricated parts, colored bricks, color mortars, etc. also require a large amount of iron oxide pigments.
The iron oxide pigments in Canadian and Australian are mainly used in construction. In Western Europe, 60% of iron oxide is used in the domestic concrete industry and 10% is used in colored concrete mortar. In the United States, iron oxide is mainly used in concrete paving blocks in the building materials sector, and make color concrete products use a large number of iron red, iron yellow, iron brown and iron black. Used in building construction, iron brown and iron black are the most popular building materials coloring agents. In domestic, 60% iron oxide is used in building construction. Mainly used for the coloring of the following various building structures and concrete products:
1. Colored concrete products series: such as concrete tile, colored concrete floor tiles, colored concrete blocks
2. Colored cement
3. Cast-in-place colored concrete series
4. Color dry mortar series: such as color hardener for stamping floor and wear-resistant floor, color caulking agent, color spray mortar, color self-leveling cement, etc.
5. Artificial stone series: such as artificial marble, artificial granite, artificial sand rock, terrazzo
6. Color paste series: water-based color paste for concrete or architectural coatings, oil-based color paste for epoxy floor or polyurethane floor coatings
7. Other: color support powder. Sand mining
Due to its good weather resistance, alkali resistance and light resistance, iron oxide pigments are the most suitable colorants in building materials, and the dosage in concrete product is restricted below 10%. Exceeding the high limit will reduce the mechanical strength of the product and affect the setting time. Generally, 4-8% is appropriate. The iron oxide pigment does not contain cobalt and zinc oxide, and will not affect the solidification time and solidification strength.